Twelfth of May

It's Mother's Day today and I decided to dedicate this post to my best and greatest mom.
No doubt that everyone will say their mom is the best, I would say the same too, she's not only the best, she's also the most diligent mom ever.
Previously I've done #10FactsAboutMe now I will do on #10FactsAboutMyMother.

1. Like any other traditional and typical housewife, mom is a bargain hunter who loves cheap thrills and she will get very excited like a kid and announce her 'achievement' to the everyone.

2. Almost everyday, mom will visit the market to prepare ingredients that she needs for lunch and dinner on that day itself. She doesn't have a habit of purchasing one week worth of ingredients at a go. And she always make sure there's 3 dishes and soup on the dinning table when the whole family is present.

3. Mom will brew herbal tea every now and then. Like barley, chrysanthemum and chestnut water. She'll get a huge bag of chestnuts from the market and painstakingly scrub and peel every chestnut.

4. My mother is really a good cook. She can make good soups. She can make ngoh hiang, meatballs, wanton from scratch. Even chili crabs, chicken rice, pork chop, braised meat and many many many more. She will make us mee sua and eggs during birthdays. But nobody can cook her mee sua during her birthday.


Everything was solely done by my wonder woman

Like today, instead of us whipping a good meal for her, she decided to cook a huge pot of shark's fin for us. While I was still on my bed, I could hear noises coming from the kitchen.


5. As good as her culinary skills, mom is also good at sewing work. She can alter clothes and even make her own top and shorts which she wears at home. She will get bolts of cloths, make the measurements and do everything by herself from scratch. She even sewed my little bloster and pillow covers.

6. Mom will make an effort to vacuum and mop every corner of the house every single morning without fail. She's a cleanliness freak I swear. Every time she combs and blows her hair after bathing, she'll pick up every strands of hair from the floor. 

7. Apart from vacuuming and mopping the floor daily, she will wash both toilets every week. And almost every month she will grab a bucket of water and wipe all the ornaments, tables, cabinets and shelves.

8. Every piece of jeans and every pair of socks go through mom's hands instead of the washing machine. Everyday, mom have to hand-wash sis and dad's socks. She doesn't want to dump it into the washing machine. And every jeans too, regardless if its short or long. About 60% of my clothes which I wore out, mom prefer to hand-wash to prevent the clothes from getting out of shape. I will always try to help and I remembered washing my jeans myself and I don't understand why the waist just got bigger. Sometimes mom doesn't want anyone's help cause she think we'll make a mess out of everything and she need to do extra by clearing up our mess.


9. Mom is the best alarm clock ever. Every morning she would wake me up even before my alarm rings, and she can come into the room every minute just to pull me up from bed. She would off the air-conditioner, draw the curtains, snatch away my blanket and smack my ass. Number 1 most effective alarm clock. And the best thing is that my dear mom loves to vacuum the floor whenever I was sleeping. Almost everyday. But I guess I'm getting immune to it.



10. Wonder mom used to work at Far East when she was younger. And I really think she was kind of hip. Looking back at the albums when I was a kid, I think mom has a pretty good fashion sense. She had everything from baseball jacket, high waist pants, dungarees and knit tops. But a pity that she gave away most of her vintage clothes. 


Seriously, I can't thank my mom enough for what she had done for the household. Always making sure that we're living in a clean and comfortable environment. Ensuring that she feeds us enough, worrying for our well-being. She's really amazing to be so dedicated and disciplined to do all the chores. She always call herself Singaporean maid hahaha.

To my most dedicating mother, thank you for everything you've done for the family all these years. Thank you for always giving the best for me and sis. Thank you for all the unconditional sacrifices you've made. You know that I love you, just that I'm not good at expressing it in words. I promise to make you happy, make you proud and treat you well not only on Mother's Day but everyday.


This post is also my Day 13 challenge - Things I Love About _____
Things I love about my mother
I love my mother for everything she had done for us, and I love her for who she is, the diligent mom, the naggy mom, the random mom.

Few days back, I've shared a post which I thought is a good write up about women 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Top ↑