17 Things You Suddenly Start Doing When You Get An Office Job

Came across this article which is so relatable when I enter the workforce.


17 Things You Suddenly Start Doing When You Get An Office Job


1. Obsessing over lunch. Lunch never used to be a thing on weekdays in the past until I enter the working industry. This is the only opportunity whereby I can have a nice long break. And around the office proximity, we have really good Japanese and Thai food. Gna post some food photos soon. 

2. Treating sleep like a scarce, precious resource. Sleep is always precious to me. And it became even more precious now. I would usually fall asleep before 10.30 and get up on 7.20 but this 9 hours of sleep is not satisfying enough. I don’t know what my job has done to me but I’m always mentally drained at the end of the day. And I really hate it when people say, sleep is for the weak.

3. Saying “thanks so much!” for no reason. Saying ‘Thank You’, ‘Welcome’ and giving a smiley face is a norm in my office. But isn’t it good to be courteous even though this is like overly used in office. 

4. Keeping 60 tabs open at all times. 60 tabs this is too exaggerating. For me, at most 20 tabs. Thank god for the apps and extensions (like the mail app and hangouts) in my laptop. 

5. Either eating constantly, or very rarely. I would say rarely. There isn’t any time for snacks in-between. Unless I’m really hungry.

6. Getting locked in vicious coffee/tea/bathroom cycles. Water and Toilet and Water and Toilet

7. Using acronyms… in your actual life. Have not experienced this yet.

8. Blurring the lines between “friends” and “coworkers.” Not really.

9. Mastering the art of non-dancing. Trying really hard to. But no, I don't dance. My head would just move forward and backward, following to the beat. Always want to keep my head stationary whenever there’s club music on the radio. 

10. Practicing not talking about work after-hours. I mean, work takes up almost a huge section of your life and there’s definitely something to talk about on every other day. 

11. Getting irrationally excited about free food. I would get excited as long as its food that I love.

12. Eating at your desk. Every morning, for breakfast.

13. Crafting in-depth playlists for different moods. Thank god for Spotify that has different playlist crafted for different moods.

14. Becoming intimately familiar with happy hours. I truly understand the meaning of ‘Happy Hours’ in the recent months. To me, once I’ve knocked off, it’s considered as Happy Hours ☺︎

15. Having senioritis, but for Friday afternoons. Not really. Everyday is a busy day. Especially Friday. I will always have the tendency to OT on Friday.

16. Staying late and feeling like an after-school club. Inevitable especially when I’m in this industry.

17. Having a newfound respect for all the shows and movies about office life. Not applicable to me at the moment.

Me and my working habits. There are definitely more things I suddenly start doing after I entered the working industry like checking my mails more often than texts, listening to radio, paying more attention to ads etc.

Source: http://thoughtcatalog.com/chelsea-fagan/2014/03/17-things-you-suddenly-start-doing-when-you-get-an-office-job/

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Top ↑