2 January '14

Starting 2014 right by knowing that I had won myself a $100 Watsons gift card *HYPERVENTILATE*

AND on the same day, I officially declared that I am no longer unemployed *HYPERVENTILATE*
- Brb, deleting all the job search apps and bookmarks -
So I went for my fifth interview yesterday and I got accepted on the spot. Upon hearing the phase 'welcome on board', I died a little inside. Everything happened too fast from an introduction to job requirements to accepting me and then a mini tour of the office. Everything is so surreal.

My job search journey
After my last paper, I began to look for jobs. Browsing through all the recruitment pages almost everyday, sending in resume, working on my freelance assignments and advertorials for 1.5 months. Sad to bid goodbye to such carefree lifestyle but in the meantime I am really looking forward to work.
So before getting accepted in this job, I went for 4 interviews and I've learnt a lot through these interviews.
Got to thank some of the interviewers for helping me to realise what I really want and what I am actually looking for. After every interview session, I will tell myself to reconsider and think carefully is it what I want regardless of how attractive and interesting the job scope and job benefits are cause the accessibility, company's environment and people plays a great part. There were like offices when I first stepped in, I just want to get out immediately. Going for interviews are a gain of experience instead of a waste of time, it gives me a clearer perspective of what I should pursue.

And yes, I think I have found what I am looking for. I am going to work in a company which I am really interested in (thankful that I send in my application at the right time cause the company did not post any recruitment ads and I was trying my luck), I am going to undertake job responsibilities that is under my forte, the office is near where I am staying and I love the company's culture and environment. Whenever you found something right, you will get the 'yes, this is it!' feeling and gotcha! I got the super positive feeling the moment I stepped into the office! My 'unemployed' status will remain with me for another 2 days and I will be embarking on a new journey.

Second day of 2014 and I had achieved one of my 2014 resolutions. 2014 is gna be kickass!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Top ↑