Better Late Than Never

This post was supposed to be up 2 months back or even earlier but I was too busy with work.

So here's my takeaway for 2014! 

2014 had been an amazing and fulfilling year.

Firstly, I officially got my bachelor degree. 
Yay to no more studying! But I missed the school holidays.


Then, I got a full-time job as a Social Media Executive or rather marketer cause I'm the only one handling marketing related tasks in the office.

I love my job. I love how my office is conveniently located near my place, how fun the working environment is, how nice my colleagues are, how I can make decisions on my own and how much opportunities I was given to learn and experience so many things. 

I'm never an ambitious kind of person. Since young, all I want for my career is a stable 9 to 5 job that pays well with 'not-so-complicated' job scopes. Till I was about to enter poly, I still don't have any directions on what I want to pursue. All I knew was I'm definitely going ahead with business cos' I hate science, I can't draw for nuts and IT is not my cup of tea. Then my decision led me to marketing. Although I majored in business for my degree which allows me to go into many different areas like human resource, business development etc but at the end of the day, I feel the most comfortable with marketing. With this, I started to apply for marketing related jobs. 

I was told that it wasn't going to be easy to be in this field, but I'm still willing to give it a shot since I'm still young and it's what I like. I don't want to have any regrets when I look back.
And yup, I got landed in my current job. Many may not know what a Social Media Executive does, so just to share a little on what I do. I managed clients' Facebook page. You must be thinking 'whoa, so fun, play Facebook.' But no, you're wrong. I've to come up with Facebook posts, visuals direction, manage customers enquiries. That's not all I do, I've to do marketing for my own company. How to make it bigger and better. And also planning of events!


I planned my first ever event with zero experience when I was just 3 months old in my job.
It was a rollercoaster journey. I know nuts about event planning and yet I had to manage everything single-handedly. So bumping here and there I managed to get sponsors, designs, suppliers, logistics and everything in place.
And yes, it was a successful event. Really really thankful for everyone whom came and of course my dear colleagues. I'm a proud momma.


2014 is more or less about the ups and downs in my jobs which I'm truly grateful for all the opportunities and experiences. Looking forward to more exciting opportunities this year and I'm planning another event again.

Trust that 2015 is gna be fantabulous as well!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Top ↑