Models swear by them & every make-up artist has one in their kit

Advertorial

Sometimes keeping up with a complex skincare routine can be a hassle. From cleansing to toning to moisturising, it is hard to keep up with what you’re supposed to do. A micellar water cuts out some of those steps, acting as a make-up remover, cleanser and toner in one swipe! Micellar waters are a non-rinsing formula, so all you need to do is apply to the face with a cotton pad and you are good. This is perfect for those days when you are busy or tired.

When it comes to micellar waters, Bioderma Sensibio H2O is the ONE. The world’s first non-rinse cleansing solution using Micelle Technology, this derma cosmetic hit was launched in 1995, at a time when women were using milks, oils, and soaps to cleanse the skin and remove their makeup. Today, it is a backstage secret on fashion runways, the cult favourite of top makeup artists, supermodels, and celebrities from Kylie Minogue to Gisele Bundchen.

Approved by dermatologists and adored by top makeup artists and celebrities, this well-researched innovation is formulated with highly purified water to suit even very sensitive skin.

Sensibio H2O is made of highly purified water, this is the highest grade of pharmaceutical water that is completely free of impurities and irritants, making it a clear choice for sensitive skin.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O contains unique biomimetic molecules that are biologically compatible with your skin, offering gentle yet powerful cleansing and makeup removing efficacy. This innovative non-rinse formula has unique restorative properties that ensures skin feels soft and comfortable post-cleansing. Can be used as cleanser and/or makeup remover over face, eyes and lips.

I've heard so much about the Sensibio H2O and I am excited to get my hands on it!

Let's do a test to find out how effective is the product in removing some of the stubborn makeup products which we usually take a long time to get rid of.

For the test, I picked products that I often use, favorite eyeliners (from gel to liquid to pencil) that claimed to be waterproof and smudge-proof and 2 of my favourite liquid lipsticks! These products will definitely give a clear idea on how effective the cleanser is.

(L-R) Tony Moly Easy Touch Gel Liner, The Face Shop FACE IT Waterproof Auto Liner, Heavy Rotation Perfect Eyeliner, NYX Lip Cream, Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip.

Dispensed about 1 squirt of the micellar water to the cotton pad.

The first swipe doesn't take off the gel liner and liquid lipsticks, but the liquid and pencil liners are almost gone.

After three swipes, the gel liner and liquid lipsticks start to break down and the liquid and pencil liners got wiped off completely.

At the fifth swipe, everything is gone.

If you are looking for a quick, easy and amazingly effective gentle cleanser and/or makeup remover, look no further! I got to say that the Sensible H2O is truly a holy water in my skincare regimen. When using the cleanser on my face, I need not exert any pressure or rubbing to cleanse away my makeup. With just 1-2 squirts (depending on how heavy my makeup is) of the cleansing water on the cotton pad, and a few gentle glides, all traces of makeup were removed. No leftover oily residue, panda eyes, irritated, dry, tight red and inflamed skin. In fact, my face felt pretty hydrated after. Days when I don't have any makeup on, I use it to cleanse my face as per normal to pick up the dirt and it works as well. And being a fairly lazy person, micellar water has got to be the best skincare product that helped me to save so much time. The Bioderma Sensibio H2O is indeed the one! You no longer have to play a game of tug of war when it comes to makeup removal.

Price: $15.90 for 100ml, $28.90 for 250ml, $41.90 for 500ml

Recently, Bioderma has introduced 2 new products to the Bioderma Sensibo range - the Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant and Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water.

Bioderma Sensibio Gel Moussant

The Sensibio Gel Moussant gently cleanses while hydrating and soothing sensitive skin. Enriched with skin conditioning ingredients such as coco-glucoside and glyceryl oleate, it also has lipid-restoring and moisturising properties. Suitable for day and night use on both face and eyes.

Can be used alone or part of a double cleansing routine after Sensibio H2O. And stated on the product, this cleanser can be used as a makeup remover!

The gel feels pretty light and watery which spreads easily.

It doesn't foam up extensively.

Testing if the Gel Moussant really helps to cleanse all the makeup.
Using the same makeup, (L-R) Tony Moly Easy Touch Gel Liner, The Face Shop FACE IT Waterproof Auto Liner, Heavy Rotation Perfect Eyeliner, NYX Lip Cream, Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip.

Using 1 pump.

Upon massaging, the liquid and pencil liner were completely wiped off and Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip was broken down. The gel liner and NYX Lip Cream were still intact. 

I went a little overboard with the gel liner, I applied a really thick layer compared to what I've done previously with the Sensibio H2O test. That explains why I'm having a hard time to remove.

After messaging it for a little longer, it's finally gone.

Feeling fresh and clean! 

I love the fact that cleanser doesn't dry or tighten my skin even after using the Sensibio H2O. It leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. The formula is non irritating and doesn't strip all the moisture from my face. And I feel that the cleanser helps to control excess oil secretion, my face doesn't seemed to 'shine' during midday.

Price: $33.90 for 200ml 

Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water

Using highly purified water that is enhanced by a perfect balance of mineral salts and oligo-elements, the Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water soothes skin while maintaining healthy skin cells. A remarkable ally for sensitive skin, it combats various skin reactive signs. Soothing agents such as mannitol, rhamnose and zinc also provide quick and lasting relief to sensitive skin.
Use it as often as desired to freshen up skin or to remove the balance of mask left behind on face. No need to pat dry.


I am not experiencing any skin issues such as breakouts or eczema so I use this more for maintenance -  to keep my skin hydrated, clear and smooth. I used the spray as a hydrating toner after cleansing and a makeup setting spray which relieves the makeup from its heavy powdery feel, it helped to avoid cakiness. On top of that, with the humid weather in Singapore, the Bioderma Sensibio Dermatological Water definitely helped to freshen me up on-the-go! I've been using it so often that it became a daily staple.

After giving my face a good sprit, I felt how my skin instantly became more hydrated and the spray also left my face feeling so much more cooled down. Neither an earth-shattering nor ground-breaking product, but I can feel the difference this simple product does to my skin.

Price: $19.90 for 150ml

Bioderma products are available at Watsons, Guardian, Unity, Robinsons, Tan Tock Seng Hospital and National Skin Centre. Find out more about the derma skincare products at Bioderma Singapore's website: www.bioderma.sg.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Top ↑